Pensacola Mold Remediation/Inspections
As of 2011 Florida has a new mold Law. The Law requires a company to be licensed with the state of Florida and maintain Pollution Insurance. At Expert Dry we use the latest technologies in equipment and processes to remediate mold. Read below to learn more about Mold remediation and the removal process.
Molds refer to fungi or “furry growth” which form where moisture and oxygen are present. According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) website, molds can “grow on virtually any organic substance.” This includes wood, carpets, paper, textiles, some types of paint, and of course food.
Molds cannot be permanently eliminated because mold spores are not visible to the naked eye, and as such, their movement cannot be controlled. The US EPA website adds that mold spores grow and digest whatever damp surface they land on as a means for survival. Eventually, this causes the decay and destruction of the areas they grow on.
While not toxic or fatal, molds can, nonetheless, pose serious health hazards.
One of the most common effects is allergic reaction especially for people who are sensitive or allergic to molds. Exposure can manifest through symptoms such as wheezing, eye, throat and skin irritation, and nasal stuffiness. For those with more serious allergies, symptoms may include headaches, fever and shortness of breath.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website, a 2004 Institute of Medicine study found that “there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to molds with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough and wheeze in otherwise healthy people.” Other studies have also found links of mold exposure to development of asthma in children, especially among those who are more prone to asthma development.
Mold remediation is the process of removing or cleaning up molds that have developed indoors.
While it may be done independently, major mold damage will require the services of a professional.
In the greater gulf area, Expert Dry is the trusted go-to for professional and reliable mold remediation services. Duly licensed by the state of Florida, Expert Dry uses the latest technologies in equipment and processes for any type or scale of mold remediation.
As a leading specialist in water removal and drying of commercial and residential buildings and health care facilities, Expert Dry always strives to conduct its operations swiftly and with minimal intrusion and zero tear out to avoid unnecessary and costly downtime.
Before the actual remediation, Expert Dry will conduct an assessment of the affected area and prepare a plan that will take into consideration the following:
- Current moisture and humidity situation in the area;
- Sources of water, both hidden and exposed;
- Health problems or status of occupants of the affected area; and
- Visibly damaged areas, among others.
Actual mold remediation involves the following steps:
- Addressing the source of the humidity problem. This will include repairs and a maintenance plan to minimize damage in the future;
- Cleaning up the mold-damaged areas. Depending on the material damaged, Expert Dry will apply the appropriate cleaning or drying tools and methods including dehumidification, thermal imaging and hydronic drying.
The following mold remediation steps are best left to our mold remediation professionals to avoid potentially hazardous contact with molds.
- Removal and proper disposal of contaminated objects near the insulation system;
- Removal, cleaning and disinfection of contaminated heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system components; and
- Testing of HVAC system.
Make sure to AVOID:
- Touching the mold or the contaminated areas and items with bare hands;
- Getting mold or mold spores in the eyes; and
- Breathing in the mold or mold spores.
Remember: Always use protective eye and hand gear during mold remediation.
Call us at (850) 932-8818 for a free consultation.